Thursday, July 18, 2013

Quick life update

Ok, so I am very behind on posting so here's a very quick update on life lately.

After working at my job for nearly 7 years, I am now unemployed.  The local office closed June 14 and it was a pretty emotional closure for everyone.  Very strange to pack up and say goodbye to everyone I've worked with for so long.  Then I went to Atlanta for two weeks to help with the 2Q close and transition.  My parents watched the kids in St Louis the second week so when I was done, I flew there and met up with them.  I missed the kids after 2 weeks apart!  We spent a week at their lake house and then back home.  Whrilwind!

This is my first week of being a stay at home mom.  It's been eventful and fun and crazy and such a change of pace.  We're obviously adjusting to the big change.  So now we're just settling into our new routine.

Barrett is having surgery tomorrow.  So in the last 3 1/2 years, this is the fifth surgery our family has gone through (2 c-sections for me, tubes and palate repair for Audrey and now Barrett's).  Since he was born, he's had a clogged tear duct in his left eye. Fairly normal and usually goes away on its own, but Barrett's never did.  It waters a lot and gets gunky.  So we finally are getting it opened up.  It's a pretty quick procedure but the thought of Barrett going under anesthesia is just so scary.  So tired of taking my babies into the hospital for anesthesia and surgery!

So this is just a quick update on our lives lately!  Please send prayers tomorrow for Barrett!

2 comments:

  1. I was checking in to see how you are doing as a sahm. Prayers have been sent for you and Barrett. So glad that you get to begin your time with the kiddos when you can move from in doors to outdoors and aren't trapped inside. Time for a late lunch in the Delgado household, plus random neighbor kids. It can be such a tough transition from working fulltime+ to stay at home Mom - it's all I wanted at the time but it was not easy at all for me. If you need a friend who has done the same, feel free to reach out to me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandi. It's going good so far but definitely an adjustment. I am grateful for summertime and outdoors right now and warm weather and sunshine that wears the kids out! I know you love it now so that's an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete