Wednesday, February 6, 2013

When it rains, it pours, eh?

So I've been noticeably absent from the blogging world for the last few months.  There were some issues with blogger where I couldn't upload photos.  Also, November - January were crazy for me both at work and at home.  I had crazy hours at work, planned a birthday party for Barrett and Audrey, traveled for Thanksgiving and Christmas and battled multiple round of illnesses for our poor family, including ear infections, strep throat, colds, and coughs.

Ugh.

January is my busiest time at work and I was routinely working 14 hour days and weekends for a while. At the end of January, I was supposed to be able to enjoy a little reprieve before the stress of Audrey's mid-February surgery began, but that was not to be.  It started with an ache in my tooth last Monday afternoon but turned into intense pain by Tuesday morning.  Visits to the dentist and endodontist resulted in a repeat root canal, a few rounds of antibiotics, nights of vicodin, days and nights of intense pain (probably worse than my c-section), and now a super-swollen face.  Apparently it's a tooth infection, which was probably lying dormant for a while and was triggered to flare up by the previous week's cold.  So all the infection was trapped in the root of my tooth area and swelling against the bone, causing this tremendous pain.  Ouch!  The pain decreased this past Monday morning, but I awoke to a puffed-up face, as the infection found its way out, courtesy of my cheeks.  Charming, huh?

Fortunately I'm now on the mend and I'm trying to get my life back on track and part of that resolution is to get back to my little blog.  I really enjoy documenting our lives.  This time is just flying back and taking the opportunity to document it helps me to remember each stage later on.  I always find myself looking back at old posts.  As I'm getting older, my memory is getting worse, so I can barely remember yesterday, let alone 2 years ago! 

We have a crazy week ahead next week with Audrey's surgery.  I'll post more about that and what else is going on with the family in the next few days as I have time.  Hoping I can be more diligent about keeping up with our family's adventures this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment