Sunday, May 9, 2010

The first

Some moments I still can't believe I'm a mother. But sure enough, I am. And the luckiest mother in the world. Yes it was Mother's Day, but really, I feel like I should be celebrating the reason I'm a mother, my little darling baby. I don't need gifts (though they sure are great!) and I don't need cards, and I don't need any fancy celebration, all I have to do is look down at the precious little baby laying on my lap, giving me the biggest grin the world has ever seen, and that is enough for me on this holiday!

He (with a bit of help from his daycare teachers) made me the cutest card -



On Mother's Day, I slept in until 11:45. No, that's not a typo, that is actually how late I slept. Granted, I was up twice in the morning to feed Barrett, but went back to sleep until nearly noon. We are battling an awful plague in this house, so guess my body needed all that extra sleep this weekend. It was amazing and much-deserved, if I do say so myself.

We went to lunch at an italian place in downtown Naperville. When we were walking down the street a woman stopped to admire Barrett and told me how precious he is and that we should have a dozen. I'd love to, if they were all as wonderful as he is! Only then I think he took that as a challenge and decided to fuss throughout lunch. Guess waking him up from a nap to head out wasn't the brightest idea. Oh well.

It was a wonderful Mother's Day, despite the cold Chicago weather and this awful sickness I'm fighting. I feel so blessed to be a mom. A MOM - that title still takes me aback!




No comments:

Post a Comment