Thursday, September 16, 2010

Halloween is a-coming

Halloween is just around the corner and I'm excited to dress up my little pumpkin for the first time!
From before the time he was born, I wanted to dress him up as a bear. Since of course, he's our baby Bear, it seemed perfect (groan - yes, I'm a cheeseball and freely admit it). Unfortunately I haven't found a cute but affordable bear costume as of yet. I haven't given up though.

Now, if we had an unlimited costume budget, THIS would be what I'd get:


But at $49.95 (!) I can't really justify that. Let's see, he'd probably wear it all of an hour, so I'm not sure we'd be getting our money's worth.

Check out those paws though - adorable! I did buy another costume that is pretty darn sweet so I think he'll still be pretty stinking cute for his first Halloween.

(As a sidenote, I think that little baby actually looks a lot like Barrett. Same chubby cheeks and coloring. Weird)

Our daycare is having a Halloween parade for the parents to watch, parties and activities, so it should be fun! You know, as much as I would love to have Barrett attending daycare at Mommy's Loving Arms, I couldn't be happier with the center we have chosen. He gets so much love and attention from his teachers, interaction with other kids, and lots of learning opportunities. The teachers really do love him and give him so much affection and attention. The women call him their substitute grandson and they are definitely substitute grandmothers for him. Since his own aren't really involved in his life at all, it's wonderful to have women who can give me advice, gush over him with me and give him added love. He has some mild stranger uneasiness that has started but since these workers have been with him since 12 weeks old, he's just as comfortable with them as he is with us.

I won't reveal his costume just yet so I know you all will be on the edge of your seats until Oct 31. But I'd be lion lying if I said it wasn't adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment