Friday, May 20, 2011

14 weeks

How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 4 or 5 lbs but I feel like I've gained 15!
Maternity clothes? I finally got out a maternity shirt this week. Last time I was so excited to be in maternity clothes and wore it before I even needed to. Now, knowing how much longer I'll be in it, I'm suffering through tight pants and belly bands to put off the switch!
Stretch marks? None, and hopefully they stay away!
Sleep: okay. I am way more tired at this point than I was last time, so I just don't get enough sleep to make me feel rested. The fatigue is supposed to lessen starting the 2nd trimester but it definitely hasn't for me yet.
Best moment this week: hitting 14 weeks and being in the 2nd trimester. Also, we saw the little one at our Wednesday's appointment and it was thrilling! It looks like a little baby and was a great reminder that no, I'm not just getting fat, there actually is a person growing inside me.
Movement: no, not even close I'm sure. I was nearly 20 weeks with Barrett so I'm thinking it'll be later again.
Food cravings: hmmm... I don't think so
Gender: not known yet. I did have a girl dream last week but I also dreamt that I delivered in just a few hours and went hom the same day, so this was clearly far from realistic. At this week's ultrasound appt, I started getting a premonitiion that it was a boy in there.
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: Diet Coke, not wearing tight pants, not being out of breath so easily. I can't believe at this stage, I'm already getting out of breath
What I'm looking forward to: feeling the baby move
Weekly wisdom: Don't be a single mom! Tim worked a lot this week and it was really hard doing it all on my own
Milestones: Being in the 2nd trimester

No comments:

Post a Comment