Monday, May 16, 2011

Tidbits

1. Thanks for your recent comments everyone. I managed to get 3 comments on my Atlanta post and I have to say, I love getting comments! A main reason I do this blog is just because it's a good way to journal what is going on in our lives, but also to keep our close friends and family updated on our goings-on so it's always nice to know that people are actually looking at this little thing I do! I love reading other people's blogs but I need to be better about commenting because it is always so nice to hear people's responses.

2. Barrett is officially weaned. That is sad to say, but he's ready. He was down to just one feeding a day anyway for the last few months and in the past 2 weeks he was showing less and less interest until it just finished. It is sad for me to know that this era is over, but I'm happy he was the one to make the decision and I feel incredibly proud that we were able to nurse for as long as we did. It is one of the things I am most proud of in my life, that I stuck with it, during the beginning when I cried in pain nearly every time and it was truly awful and during the 9 months that I worked full-time and had to pump and it sucked. I grew to really enjoy our quiet time together and while I'm sad it's come to an end, I am so proud of us for having done it for 16+ months. That little boy didn't have one single ounce of formula and I love that I can say that!

3. Speaking of his eating, Barrett is the pickiest eater in the world. I am seriously running out of ideas for what to do about it. He wants the same things all the time: yogurt, applesauce, cheerios or muffins, bread with hummus on it and cheese. That's it. He'll sometimes cave and agree to mix it up with some blueberries or strawberries, grilled cheese or rice and beans, but then if I try again a few days later, it all ends up on the floor. I know he's doing okay because he does have a chubby little belly, but I am out of ideas!

I tricked him into eating some sweet potatoes through this recipe: http://weelicious.com/2011/03/16/mini-sweet-potato-muffins/
and I also made these recently: http://weelicious.com/2010/06/17/apple-banana-muffins/. These are nice for breakfast because I can make a bunch of mini muffins and freeze them to thaw for breakfasts.

It drives me crazy to resort to applesauce and cheese every night for dinner as a backup. What do I do? Do I only give him what we're having even though I know he won't eat it, in the hopes that eventually he will once he's starving or should I be satisfied with the fact that at least he's eating something, even if it's the same 5 things all the time?

4. It was such a cold and rainy weekend. After a few days in the 90s last week (loved it!), it was back in the 40s this weekend. I commented to Tim that that added one point to the Atlanta column this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Megan, Danny was and still is the pickiest eater - I am gathering some thoughts to share with you on receipes that worked for him (they pretty much all include butter). Good news is that my girls are adventurous eaters -I hope you are blessed with a girl who is an adventurous eater! One doctor told me not to worry about it that cheerios and chicken nuggets will keep him going until he is ready to try something new.

    ReplyDelete