Monday, January 30, 2012

Fun in the snow - or not

We had our first significant snowfall of the year a week or so ago and introduced Barrett to the fun of outdoor winter play.  Only I'm not so sure he thought it was fun....

It didn't start out on a good foot.  We pulled on the new snowpants, which I'd bought a long time ago and was happy we finally got a chance to use.  We talked up the fun in the snow and the new snowpants and boots.  But Barrett wasn't buying it.



Yes, I'm the mean mom taking pictures while her son is screaming. 

I finally got a smile from him and thought maybe it might turn out well after all!


Yeah, not so much.



Needless to say, this did not go well and the snowpants saw about 3 minutes of snow.  Oh well!  I am absolutely sure that we'll have more than one opportunity in the future to try them out again and I bet Barrett will end up learning to love playing in the snow.  As a Chicago boy, he'll have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment