1. I have been sick for over 8 weeks straight now. There was a brief respite of about two days when I was finally getting better and only had a sore throat, but that was just the segue into yet another cold. 8 weeks, people. I think I've forgotten what it's like to be healthy. I know my co-workers are loving all my germs but they can take it up with my two year old and his insane need to touch everything in a 10 foot vicinity.
2. I just remembered that we have two boxes of Girl Scout cookies still in our pantry, hidden behind the bags of chips at the very top. I hope I forget again so they can stay there a little longer.
3. Speaking of #2, Barrett has a very lively sweet tooth and Tim likes to blame me. I did eat a lot of oreos while I was pregnant with him but that was only to encourage me to drink milk. It was for his own health. I deny that it's my fault he loves sweets but let's face it, it probably is. He looked at me Saturday morning when I asked if he wanted eggs or cereal and said with a straight face "jellybeans." Yeah right, coming right up.
4. Yesterday Payton was sniffing around Audrey's seat while I was buckling her in and Barrett points at him and says "No Payton! Dat's B-Audee's. Walk away!" It cracked me up. Daycare tells the kids to walk away when they come around looking to get into trouble. I am guessing he hears that said to him more than once or twice a day.
5. I finally got the Pottery Barn kids chairs that I've been eying for a year now. I got an email that they were $20 off on Saturday so ordered one for each of the kids. They are so cute and I know Barrett will like it, so I finally bit the bullet. I am excited to see how he reacts to a chair his size just for him. Here's the chair, minus the name obviously:
Those are my randoms for today. Clearly it's not all fireworks and parades in our lives these days, this is all I've got.
Looking forward to seeing my sister and her family this weekend!
4 days ago