Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Harrison - 4 months

Harrison is somehow now 4 months old.  I don't know how this is happening!  I feel like he should still be such a little baby and I'm always surprised when we're out and about and I see newborns and do a double take, because they make him seem huge and old in comparison!  I feel like he should still be the smallest but not anymore!


He seems like such a big baby to me!  At 4 months + 10 days, he is 26" and 15lbs 15oz.  So he has doubled his birth weight.  I think that was around the 45th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height.  That was strange to hear since he seems so solid and roly to me!  He has the sweetest chubby baby thighs and belly and cheeks.  He is now in size 2 diapers and in 6 month clothes.  Some of his 6 month clothes are getting too small.

 
His new blond hair is coming in though he still has some longer hair on top, down the middle.  I like to comb it forward into a faux hawk. ;)
 
He has become so much fun!!  He's sitting up in the bumbo seat, looking all around.  He grabs his little feet and sticks them in his mouth.  He giggles and coos and babbles, grabs toys and fingers and loves attention.  He ADORES being held, cries when I put him down, although I try to tell him he has to be realistic, since he's a third born.
 
He rolled over from back to front on Aug 1.  He'd been trying to and I ran upstairs to get something, came down a few minutes later, and he was on his belly!  Little stinker.  He hasn't rolled from front to back yet.
 
No change in sleep patterns.  He goes down around 8 or 8:30 and wakes once during the night.  I am ready for him to sleep all through the night, although I know that going 8 or 9 hours straight is still pretty good.  I'm still swaddling him but need to break that soon.  He takes 2 or 3 naps during the day, depending on the length of his afternoon nap. 

 
His first tooth popped through on July 25, a little over a week shy of 4 months.  He had been biting me while nursing and I finally spotted the sharp little white tooth coming up.  His second came up about two weeks later.  It seems so early to be teething, so I am surprised.  He is sooo drooly these days and soaks his clothes so fast.  He is definitely a biter so that has not been fun.


And, since he's the third born, he can't get a photo shoot without competition.  Everyone else has to jump in for their turn.  But he is so incredibly loved, so they just want to do anything he does.

 
 
And for a little comparison, here's Barrett at 4 months vs Harrison at 4 months.


 
Yeah, they look pretty similar to me!  Wow, I thought Harrison's cheeks are big, but they have nothing on Barrett's!

No comments:

Post a Comment