Friday, August 26, 2011

Pregnancy - 28 weeks


How far along? 28 weeks (84 very short days out from due date)
Total weight gain/loss: around 15lbs I think
Maternity clothes? yes, pretty much exclusively
Stretch marks? None
Sleep? too brief
Movement? oh, a lot! she is quite active most days and the kicks are getting so much more painful. Between her head, elbows, knees, feet, bottom and fists, she is getting very violent with me lately! She is definitely moving a lot more and with more deliberate movements than I remember Barrett doing.
Food cravings? no - I'm boring I guess!
Gender? girl
Belly button in or out? pretty much flat now. I'm hoping it stays that way because I don't want an outtie
What I miss: not having an underside to my belly - I officially can't see the bottom of my belly now and it is depressing!
What I'm looking forward to: I ordered nursery bedding and am hoping that it arrives this week so I can start getting little girl's room put together.
Milestones: hm, nothing major that I can think of, just plugging along here!

Baby girl is around 2 1/4 lbs - really packing on the weight these days! She is starting to get plumper as her little baby fat starts to fill out. She's about 14.8" in length and her feet are just over 2". She has eyelashes and is able to see light filtering in. She can recognize my voice now and it will calm her when she's born.

I had my gestational diabetes test this week. I wasn't nervous the last time with this but I'm nervous to get the results this time. For one thing, diabetes runs in my family, so knowing that, it increases my risks. Also, I am worried that this would lead me to be a higher-risk pregnancy and could make the doctors more leery of "allowing" me a VBAC. So I'm biting my fingernails and waiting for the results, which will hopefully be in by early next week.

So far I'm pretty happy with my current weight. I didn't track my weight gain from last time, but I feel like it's less this time than last. According to my weekly email, most women will gain an average of 11 pounds for the rest of the pregnancy. Even
with gaining a pound a week the rest of the pregnancy, that still puts me at the lower end of the recommended weight gain guidelines for an average woman. I am definitely not worrying about my weight, but I remember how hard it is to lose, so I'm trying to make healthier food choices at this point, so I can hopefully avoid the stress of losing it later! Although- hmmm... thinking about it, I've got fall and then Halloween pre-baby so I may end up topping out that 1lb a week thing with all my favorite fall foods.

Of course Barrett had to get in on the picture taking action.

He was so excited about his shirt and the fact that it had a monkey on it, holding a banana. He loved showing everyone at daycare and when I asked him what was on his shirt, he would say "mon-ey" and "na-na." His little gal-pal at daycare knelt down and pretended to munch on the banana at his shirt, which cracked me up. The two of them are such characters.

And here's a picture of the normal action at our house - B leading me around the house. He's such a bossy pants! I am nervous how he'll do when I have another child to entertain and can't be led away all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment