Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet treats

My friend Joanna's birthday was this past week and her mother-in-law got her a cupcake-decorating class as a gift. She invited me over for the class and we spent a lovely afternoon today learning how to frost and decorate cupcakes. It was fun - and who doesn't love cupcakes?

The instructor works at a gourmet bakery nearby and taught us tips about frosting and decorating cupcakes. They were really good. Below are some that I brought home to share with the family - I guess I shouldn't keep all the sugary goodness to myself.


I made this rose - impressive looking but a lot easier than you'd actually think!
Elmo, for Barrett. Or as he calls him "Meh-mo"
I wish I could take credit for this one, but it was actually made by the class instructor. Adorable!
Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment