Monday, June 4, 2012

This Week's Meals

Sunday - we made an amazing Alaskan salmon on the grill.  It was great and we could have eaten even more - even Barrett!  He kept asking for "more fishy" so I think it was a hit.  We cooked it on our charcoal grill and served it with mixed veggies and brown rice.

Monday - Pulled pork.  I can't find an exact recipe of what I use but it is a pork roast in the slow cooker with chopped onions, dry mustard, garlic, cayenne (but I didn't have any so used chili powder), Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar and a can of root beer.  It takes me a few minutes of prep the night before to trim the meat and chop the onions. Then the next morning, I add the liquid ingredients.  Cook all day in slow cooker and shred and add a bottle of bbq sauce at end and serve on buns.  We eat this a lot in the summer. 

Tuesday - leftovers from Monday

Wednesday - I am contemplating making this Fiesta Lime Rice.  I have some leftover brown rice from Sunday and think it could make a meal if I throw in the beans and corn and maybe some chopped green pepper. We love Zatarain's black beans and rice, but once I found out about the sodium value (50% of the daily amount!), I stopped buying it.  I came across this recipe the other day and think it looks like a good substitute.  We shall see!

Thursday -  I have a few meals still in the freezer from a stash I made before returning to work.  I need to use these up so think this will be a good night for veggie enchiladas. These are really good.  I like that they're jam packed with vegetables.  I am always perplexed with what to serve as a side with these, so we'll probably just have them alone.

Friday - probably our usual Friday night take-out.  By the end of the week, I'm way too exhausted to think about dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment