Thursday, June 21, 2012

This week's meals

Yet another busy week for this working momma.  We have our auditors in the office, a visitor from our parent company and meeting after meeting.  So it's been even longer and busier days than usual. 

Sunday - In celebration of Father's Day, we had spicy flank steak on the grill, grilled asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes (instant).   I highly recommend this steak.  It's very easy and even Barrett eats it. 

Monday - I made buffalo chicken in the slow cooker.  This was the first time I did this, but it was easy.  I used frozen breasts, covered with about half a packet of dry ranch dressing mix and poured in about 2/3 of a bottle of Frank's buffalo wing sauce.  When I got home, I shredded it and we had it over a salad of romaine and sliced red pepper.  It was really good!  Barrett disagreed though and acted like I was poisoning him.  I think it was too hot for him.  I liked it over the salad because I think it cut the heat a little bit.  But it'd also be good in sandwiches with some provolone or swiss cheese. 

Tuesday - slow cooker Indian chicken stew.  Very good and, as necessary, very easy.  I prepared everything the night before and then just added the frozen chicken breasts in the morning.  I didn't cut them up, so just shredded the meat when I got home.  I also made brown rice on Monday night and just reheated Tuesday after we got home.  Of course I bought spinach for this meal and completely forgot to add it when I served it.  Doh. Oh and looking at the recipe again, I realized I also forgot the lime juice.  It still tasted good despite my forgetful brain.  This made extras so we have leftover, to either have Thursday or to freeze.  I think I could stir in the leftover rice and freeze the entire thing just fine.

Wednesday - Tim beat me home and made spaghetti with meat sauce.  We used Newman's spinach florentine jarred sauce and it was really good.  I topped it with fresh basil from my garden.  B ate it - well whatever didn't end up on his shirt, his chair or the floor. 

Thursday - I think I'll take the leftover brown rice from Tuesday and add diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, green onion from my garden and some lime juice, roll in a tortilla with shredded cheddar cheese and maybe some salsa and make burritos. 

Friday - I was thinking of making dinner for this night but just remembered we have family pictures on Saturday morning and visitors coming into town for the weekend so I'll need to get the house in order and pick out outfits for the family for photos.  So I am fairly confident that we'll be eating takeout Friday night!  As usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment