Friday, September 9, 2011

Pregnancy - 30 weeks



Baby girl weighs around 3 lbs and is about 15.7" long. Her muscles and lungs are maturing, head is growing and bones are soaking up all kinds of calcium. This trimester about 250 mg of calcium are deposited into her hardening skeleton every day.


How far along? 30 weeks (70 very short days out from due date)
Total weight gain/loss: yeah. I've been gaining. More than a little. I have really popped over the last few weeks and my waistline (or lack thereof) is showing it.
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? None
Sleep? It was bad last week - lots of waking up, from being hot and uncomfortable. But this week I've been back to some serious sleep again. The temperature has dropped and I've been a lot more tired.
Movement? A lot of movement these days, all around my belly
Food cravings? vanilla milkshake
Gender? girl
Belly button in or out? totally flat
What I miss: beer, not being out of breath, Barrett being able to sit on my lap without hurting my belly
What I'm looking forward to: seeing my sister and her family this weekend!
Milestones: I start my every-other-week doctor's appointments now. It's hard to believe I'm already at that stage!

I went to a doctor's appointment and got to hear little baby girl again yesterday. 135 bpm. I love hearing that little heartbeat!  I am measuring right on track and am a totally boring patient - perfect! I scheduled my appointments through October, when I start my weekly appointments, which is just crazy to think about. But ready or not, I am 75% done with this pregnancy (well let's face it, probably less than that, since this one is probably going to be 2 weeks overdue too).

I wonder about her a lot - what she'll look like, what she'll be like, how our family will change with the addition of a new little baby. I feel a little guilty because I know that I won't have the time and attention for Barrett that he'll want. He's definitely a momma's boy right now and I am sad to think that he'll be upset when he doesn't get all my time anymore. But I know it'll be good for him to have a sibling and so hopefully we'll all adjust easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment