Saturday, November 12, 2011

39 weeks pregnant and feeling...39 weeks pregnant

sooo tired!

How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: mid-30s. I have somehow shockingly gained 5lbs in the last 2 weeks!  I was stunned when I saw that.  I am not even eating that much these days - there just isn't room in my belly.  I know the baby is putting on about half a pound a week plus I am swelling, so that must be what it is.  Holy cow!  Good thing I'm at the end!
Maternity clothes? yes. 
Stretch marks? None so far.
Sleep? not great.  I wake up a lot and sometimes have difficulty getting back to sleep with the little one tossing and turning in my belly.  And now I'm getting such bad backaches that I seem to wake up every time I roll over because it hurts my back whenever I move
Movement? yes - a lot still!
Food craving - no. 
Gender? girl.
Belly button in or out? Do I even have a belly button anymore?  I can't see it at all!
What I miss:  lack of backaches, having a lap, having energy
What I'm looking forward to: meeting this little girl
Milestones: going on the hospital tour, hitting the single digit (wowzers!)

Somehow we're in the home stretch of this pregnancy and little girl could come any day now.   Realizing, though, that yes, she could come any day now, but I know she won't!  Women in my family have our babies notoriously late, so I know I likely still have a few weeks of pregnancy left, which is actually okay with me this time around. I say that now, but am not so confident I'll be saying that in another week!

Anyway, how do I feel these days?  Tired/big/anxious/nervous/excited/tired.  In some ways, it feels like this pregnancy has flown and I can't believe we're already in the last weeks.  And in others, it feels like I've been pregnant forever!  My back is absolutely killing me most days.  It's really hard to get through the day.  Between the fatigue and the backaches, this pregnancy is much harder than I remember the last one being.  You can tell by the 39 week picture how tired I am!

We went on a hospital tour on Sunday.  It was pretty comical when I was asked when I was due to answer "next Friday."  Everyone else was due at least 8+ weeks away and some women barely had a bump.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute with baby #2!  And it was funny that we were the only couple in the group of about 10 others who had another baby.  We were asked a few questions and were the "experts" of the group.  Haha, that's scary!

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Megan,I hope you can take one more comment from me.I just want to confess that I would have LOVED to have seen just ONE bare belly pic because it looks as if you had one AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL pregnant belly!!!SHAME ON YOU for NOT sharing any with all of us!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete