Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trick or Treating

Halloween has come and gone now and we had so much fun with our little pumpkin this year.  We definitely got some use out of his costume this year!  I was debating between either a tiger or an elephant but once I put the elephant costume on him and he cried when I tried to take it off, I knew this was the one for him. 

The festivities started with the fall program at his school.  It started out with a lot of promise, with the teachers leading all the adorable kids on costume onto the stage and everyone oohing and aahing over the toddlers in their costumes.  We had the camera ready to capture our little one singing and signing to Itsy Bitsy spider.


But it ended with the teachers singing and the kids either looking around at the decorations or staring off into space.   Oh well, I still think he wasl the star of the show.

A few days later we headed to a nearby town for some trick or treating with Barrett's best friend and her parents.  B didn't quite understand the concept at first and was a little confused with what he was supposed to do.

 He was easily distracted by store displays or a giant man dressed in an Elmo costume.

But he caught on pretty quickly and before I knew it, he was reaching into those bowls and grabbing handfuls of the good stuff.  That's my boy!  He 's definitely inherited my sweet tooth.  I couldn't be more proud - except when I have to share my goodies with him.  He's become like Payton with cheese.  His ears can detect the tearing of a candy wrapper from the next room and he comes running in, all smiles and charm, to share.  I guess the least I can do is share his Halloween candy with him, right?

  

He was so exhausted he fell asleep immediately in the car - with a piece of candy grasped in each hand.

 Saturday night we headed to a fall festival at my friend Tricia's church where our elephant enjoyed a bouncy house and more candy and games.  

Then we set out Halloween night with high hopes and a bear in tow.  He was told at a few houses that he won the cutest child of the night award.

but after about 6 houses, someone was pretty pooped out and decided he'd rather sit in the middle of the sidewalk and dig into his bucket. 

 So we called it a night and headed home.
 
It was a very fun Halloween for us all this year.  It's a lot of fun to be able to enjoy all these kid holidays again.  It's been quite a while since I went trick or treating and it's a lot of fun to be able to participate with my own kiddo now.

1 comment: