Friday, July 1, 2011

Pregnancy - 20 weeks!


Right now the baby is about 10" long from head to feet and 6.5" long from head to rump and weighs around 10.5oz. She seems so big compared to the poppyseed she seems like she just was. (It's still so weird for me to type/think "she"!)

How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: around 10 lbs. I felt like this was a lot when I saw that on the scale this morning until I got my weekly pregnancy email update and it said a 10lb gain at this point was right on target. And that I should expect to gain about a pound a week from here on out. Dreading the chubby mcchubberson phase again!
Maternity clothes?A mix. I'm still somehow pulling off the regular jeans but those days will be ending soon as they're getting more and more uncomfortable.
Stretch marks? None and hopefully they stay away!
Sleep? okay, I just can't seem to get enough
Movement? Yes, definitely stronger movements
Food cravings? fruits and veggies still. I had Olive Garden this week and the breadsticks and salad were amazing. Oh, and golden double-stuffed Oreos. But really that's the baby craving those, not me. And who am I to deny her what she wants?
Gender? girl!
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: it's getting harder to pick up Barrett but it's tough for me to think about decreasing that.
What I'm looking forward to: decorating a little girl nursery
Milestones: Being halfway to meeting this baby!

This week I went to Carters and usually have averted my eyes from the little girl side of the store, because it always made my heart ache for a little girl. But this time I got to shop in that section! I bought a few adorable little girl outfits and even Tim admitted the girl clothes are awfully cute.

I got a call from the doctor this week about last week's ultrasound. She said I have a low-lying placenta again. I had this with B too. So I'll need to have a follow-up ultrasound around 32 weeks to check and make sure it moves. Fingers crossed that it does.

Other pregnancy milestones of the week: I have hired a doula to assist with the labor. I am really going through a lot of stress thinking ahead to the labor and delivery and want to be sure that I take as much control of the situation as I can to avoid the same issues I had last time. I'm really looking forward to having another advocate on my side for any obstacles that I may face in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment