Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend review - Sunday


Sunday was spent with Tim working on his car and me and Barrett playing outside in the pool, drawing with chalk and grocery shopping. It was sweltering here this weekend, like 93 both days, so we couldn't spend too much time out in the sun.
Barrett doesn't quite get the pool concept though. My idea - sit quietly and enjoy the cool water and sunshine. His - throwing everything in the vicinity into the pool, hopefully to make the biggest splash possible, then laugh hysterically. By the end of the day, the items in the pool had been: 5 plastic stacking cups, 3 pieces of chalk, 2 red buckets, 2 water bottles, 2 hats, 1 orange watering can, and 1 kiddie lawn chair. This kiddo is all boy.

We were tired but rallied to make a yummy dinner and ate on the patio, which we definitely haven't been doing enough this summer. I made a cilantro dip for an appetizer, recipe found here. This recipe is delicious. I made it for the first time a few years ago when I was searching for what to do with the cilantro in my garden and have made it a few times since. It always gets rave reviews when I make it for groups. So I had to whip it up again yesterday for us. I also made a pasta salad and spicy flank steak, recipe passed to me by my sister (only I use a lot less spiciness in mine). The only thing that would have completed the dinner would have been a chilled glass of pinot grigio. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment